You all must have been surely hearing about the new upcoming changes to your Facebook profiles, the new features that are gonna be a part of your Facebook profile. So like us here you all must be super eager to get started with the new Facebook features. I am posting this article for you all to get started with the most awaited Facebook feature till date “TIMELINE”.
If you’re willing to go through a series of eight steps, you can get into the brand-new Facebook Timeline right now. All you need to do is follow the instructions below and you can get enjoyment from the new world of Facebook as the developers are right now. So follow the instructions carefully and good luck.
Please note: If you haven’t already verified your Facebook account with either a mobile phone number or credit card number, you’ll be asked to do so before you can try the new features. If you need more help with that,here’s a helpful link.
First, you’ll need to go to the Facebook developer page, which is a part of your Facebook account. Make sure you’re logged into your Facebook account, and then simply follow this link to get started.
1. When you get here, click “allow.”
2. Click “create new app”
4. After you’ve verified yourself as a human, you’ll reach this screen, where you’ll need to click “Open Graph” on the left side.
5. You’ll see the next screen, entitled “Get Started with Open Graph” — fill in anything you want (it doesn’t matter) in those fields under the heading “start by defining one action than one object for your app.” Click Get Started.
6. On this screen, do nothing except scroll to the bottom and click “Save Changes and Next.” Do the same thing on the next screen.
7. You’ll be taken to this screen. Wait a few minutes, and then go to your Facebook homepage. That’s where you’ll be invited to enable Timeline. Be patient at this point — sometimes it requires you to wait before the changes take effect.
8. When you go back to your Facebook homepage, you’ll see this. Success! Click Get It Now, and you’re in!
You’ve Done It!
Here’s where you fiddle with your timeline, set it up the way you like it, and when you click Publish Now, your Timeline goes live. Or, you can wait until Thursday, September 29, 2011, and it’ll go live on its own. If you want to get into your timeline from another computer, the address for this developer’s version is located at this URL: http://www.facebook.com/[yourusername]?sk=timeline and of course [yourusername] is your own Facebook user name.
We are very thankful to MASHABLE for sharing this content with us.