Timeline is a new feature that gives a new all new look to your Facebook profile. Timeline can be considered as a moving mosaic of photos, videos and other data arranged in order of time. That means you can know what your friend posted on his wall, tracking back the information exactly back to time when the data was posted, in short you can know everything from the time your friend started using Facebook.
Now timeline received a mixed response from Fb users, some welcoming it, some feeling it as a necessary burden to carry. Many of my friends wanted their old Facebook profiles back. I have been looking for a way to do so, which brings me to this post about how to disable Timeline. You can do away with your Timeline just by following the steps below :
*Note: It is important to tell all our viewers that Facebook Timeline is a server side feature and using below methods can deactivate this for your Profile and also for others but only visible to you.
GOOGLE CHROME users follow the steps below :
- Right-click on Chrome Browser application (shortcut) and then click “Properties”.
- In the target box, add the following line of code leaving a space after chrome.exe
Windows 7/Vista users need to add this
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
Windows XP users need to add this
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
- Click on “Apply” and go to Facebook.com
- Close your Browser and Restart it and hard refresh your profile page (Ctrl+F5). You will get the Old profile view with some Formatting errors like extra space between header etc. To Fix those errors, Install this Extension in Google Chrome. [LINK]
- You’ll find your Facebook profile has been reverted back to the old interface from the new Timeline view.
FIREFOX users follow the steps below :
- Open Firefox, Install User Agent Switcher add-on & Restart the Firefox.
- Once installed, the UAS icon will be displayed on the navigation bar. If its not displayed automatically, right-click on the navigation bar and click customize. Drag the icon “User Agent Switcher” on to the nav bar of the browser.
- Now, click on the User Agent Switcher button and select Internet Explorer -> Internet Explorer 7.Finally, go to Facebook.com and you’ll get back your old Facebook profile interface.
- Open Facebook and hard refresh your profile page (Ctrl+F5). You will get the Old profile view with some Formatting errors like extra space between header etc. To Fix those errors, Install this . [LINK]
SAFARI users follow the steps below :
- Open Safari & click “Alt” button to display menu.
- Now, go to Developers > User Agent > Internet Explorer 7.0
- Restart the browser and then go to Facebook.com.
- You’ll now see your Facebook profile with the old interface and not the new Timeline interface.
Internet Explorer users follow the steps below:
For those who are using Internet Explorer 7 their is no need to do any change because Facebook Timeline would not be visible to them. For others :
- Open Facebook Profile Page.
- Press Alt Key. Click on Tools > Compatibility View Settings.
- If facebook.com is already filled in, Click on Add else fill in facebook.com and Click on Add followed by Close.
- Refresh the page.
To easily understand the above procedure you may check this video below :
The another and the Best way to change Back to your profile is just Go to this [link]. You would be able to change it for Mozilla and Chrome Browser.