Facebook has recently been trying many new things due to increasing competition with Google stepping into social networking arena with launch of its networking site Google+. To keep their users interested in the site and making them spend more and more time on the site , Facebook has constantly been upgrading to new apps and features for the past year. With launch of timeline , ticker , subscribe , video chat , timeline for pages etc the efforts can be easily visualized.
The most recent news came as a surprise when Facebook bought Instagram for 1 billion dollars. Instagram will remain an independently branded standalone app that’s separate from Facebook, but the services will increase their ties to each other. The transaction should go through this quarter pending some standard closing procedures. Instagram earlier had 27 million users, and with Instagram for Android being launched this week , the numbers of users were expected to reach 50 million. So the numbers for a photo sharing app became quite big to be unnoticed by Facebook after all Facebook is all about photo sharing and tagging. So Facebook bought Instagram.
There should be no fear to the old users of Instagram as nothing about it will change. Additionally Mark Zuckerberg also wrote on his timeline :
“Now, we’ll be able to work even more closely with the Instagram team…We believe [Facebook and Instagram] are different experiences that complement each other. But in order to do this well, we need to be mindful about keeping and building on Instagram’s strengths and features rather than just trying to integrate everything into Facebook. That’s why we’re committed to building and growing Instagram independently…We plan on keeping features like the ability to post to other social networks, the ability to not share your Instagrams on Facebook if you want, and the ability to have followers and follow people separately from your friends on Facebook.”
With now Facebook owning Instagram , surely there has to be a change around things. Toggling Facebook sharing on when you post an Instagram causes that photo to be uploaded to a special “Instagram Photos” album on your Facebook profile. With the recent deals, definitely new features are surely expected from the users. So here is a list of five new features that are shortly expected from the new team being formed :
1. Filter your Facebook photos: Instagram may act as standalone app but with integration with Facebook some of the its features may be added to Fb interface. Your Facebook for iPhone or Android app might soon let you add Instagram’s filters to photos or auto-correct their brightness and saturation with a “Lux” button before you publish. Those same features could a be added to the Facebook web photo uploader to let you beautify whole albums.
2. Import Photos : Presently options available allow us to add one photo from Instagram to our Instagram album on Facebook. But its expected that some feature may allow us to completely add our Instagrams to Facebook Instagram album at once.
3. Facebook sign up/ login to Instagram : If Instagram was built into Facebook’s identity platform, you wouldn’t need another password to remember, and it could speed up the on-boarding process for new users.But Instagram is going to keep its login system so that you can easily login and see your friends and publish photos.
4. Turning location information from Facebook to turn tagged Instagrams into chekins : Instagram currently depends on Foursquare’s location Info to tag photos. But with a large dependable Facebook location information, checkins can be made on the basis of reliable info from Facebook.
5. Tag Facebook friends in Instagram : Presently you can tag someone by using @ . That may be a little clumsy. But while collaborating with Facebook , now there may be a option directly available to tag some one directly into the photo. That would let the friends notify when ever they are tagged in.
Please drop in your comments to let us know us of your thoughts on this.
Courtesy : Tech Crunch